We know how important appropriate muscle relaxation is, that’s why every PelviFly training program takes into account the right time for muscle relaxation both between contractions and between series of exercises. We have come up with a new type of exercise – one that is all about muscle relaxation.
- To accompany you in your breathing cycle. The animated butterfly shows you the respiratory rate and when to breathe in and out. When the butterfly gets bigger – I breathe in with the nose. When the butterfly gets smaller – I breathe out with the nose. The changing content displayed on the screen during relaxation training will support you in your breathing exercise. And your PelviCoach will be able to monitor the changes in the pelvic floor muscle tension and the activity of pelvic floor muscles during breathing training.
- To monitor the activity of your pelvic floor in correlation with breathing. The animated butterfly moves up when you activate your pelvic floor muscles and down when you relax them.
- To coordinate and help you learn breathing in correlation with the activity of one’s pelvic floor. When you breathe out, the diaphragm and the pelvic floor move upwards. When you breathe out – the diaphragm and the pelvic floor move downwards.
Pelvic floor muscles work in coordination with the diaphragm, which is why learning how to breathe correctly is so important in this context. Make sure to breathe through the diaphragm. You can put your hands on your waist and feel your lower ribs expand as you inhale.
The core idea
- The number of breathing cycles per minute is 9. Such a frequency makes the autonomic nervous system go into the state of slowdown and relaxation.
- The duration of the training is 3 minutes.
- Incorporation of vibrotherapy in the second minute of exercise.
Your PelviCoach can activate one of the two vibration protocols – 20Hz or 50Hz – from the telecare platform level. Vibration can also be applied if you choose the SMART plan.
The impact of vibration on pelvic floor muscle relaxation:
- it helps you experience relaxation better, perfect for overactive, non-relaxing muscles
- it improves blood circulation >>> triggers micro-contractions in response to the tonic vibration reflex >>> increased blood supply and oxygenation thanks to the production of nitrogen oxide in blood vessels
- it relieves pain
In the app, you can view reports of each of the three minutes of your exercise. You can see how the tension of your muscles has changed – if you’ve managed to relax your muscles or if the tension level has remained the same or increased.
In-depth insights are available on the telecare platform. If you exercise under the CARE plan, your PelviCoach has access to your results, which lets them monitor your progress on an ongoing basis and design the most optimal training plan for you.