To start exercising, you need to insert the device into the vagina. There are 4 simple steps to follow to do this.
- Before you insert the device into your vagina, make sure not to deflate it completely. A small amount of air should be left inside, that’s why it’s best to deflate it down to a half of its volume.
- Next, apply the water-based lubricant onto the intravaginal part, relax your body, and insert the device into the vagina.
- To inflate the device, you need to press the silver button at the base of the device with your fingernail and hold it for 5 seconds. It’s important to make sure that you don’t block the air outlet with your finger tip. It’s a good idea to test the inflation level of the device before you insert it into your vagina. See what happens if you press the button with your fingernail and what happens if you use your finger tip to press it.
- Calibrate the device by short-pressing the on/off button found on the external arm
It is important to stay completely relaxed both when inflating and calibrating the device. Changing the position of the body and tensing the stomach/pelvic floor muscles will affect the measurement.
Example: When lying on your back and raising your head or sitting up, you tense both the stomach muscles and the pelvic floor muscles.
If the device is inflated properly, it doesn’t have to be inflated up to 100% because it adapts its shape to the anatomy of your body.If the device is inflated properly, it doesn’t have to be inflated up to 100% because it adapts its shape to the anatomy of your body.
What if there is a sense of discomfort?
- It’s very important not to force-insert the device.
- Before you insert the device into your vagina, you should do some relaxation exercises and relax your whole body. Consider the particular parts of your body. Are you clenching your teeth (to relax your face muscles, you can sigh)? Are your shoulders, buttocks, thighs relaxed? Is your stomach relaxed?
- You can give yourself a gentle massage with your fingers to prepare your body for the insertion of the device
- Use a generous amount of the lubricant – without the lubricant, the friction may be too strong and cause discomfort
- During the insertion of the device, it’s necessary to stay relaxed in the lying position and not assume a sit-up position because it will make the muscles of your stomach and pelvic floor tense up
If you still feel discomfort despite having followed the tips and guidelines, you should consult a physician and a pelvic floor physiotherapist